Able to cruise safely in local and regional waters as both skipper and crew on an auxiliary sailboat of about 20 to 30 feet in length, in moderate winds and sea conditions.
- Basic Keelboat Sailing Certification
A Reality Sailing certified sailor would be able to successful demonstrate his or her ability to:
GEAR AND EQUIPMENT
· List the ASA recommended safety equipment for a sailboat heading out on long cruises or into rough weather.
· Describe the purpose of safety harness, proper attachment and dangers or improper attachment to the boat
· Interpret marine weather forecasts applicable to the area and apply the information to the candidate’s sailing plans for the next six hours.
DUTIES OF THE SKIPPER AND CREW
· Identify the main responsibilities of the skipper and crew.
· Describe the correct sail combinations to carry under various wind and sea conditions
Sail an ordered compass course for 5 min. without varying more than 10 degrees from the ordered heading
SAILING SKILLS, BOAT HANDLING, UNDER SAIL, REEFING/HEAVING, PERSON OVERBOARD, MAKING FAST AND SNUGGING DOWN, SECURING TO A DOCK AND MOORING, KNOTS